From the editor…

Making memories

I never thought I’d see the day where I would be writing a letter to my classmates and teachers and I’m so grateful that I’m getting the opportunity to do so right now. I truly could not be here without the Wy-News staff and Mrs Haddad’s help. I remember the days when I first joined the Wy-News staff and I was constantly bothering Mrs Haddad and the editors for help because I had no clue what I was doing and now I’m the person answering those questions from new staffers.
With that being said, I hope everyone made the best out of their homecoming and spirit week. I know it wasn’t completely the same as before Covid but it was really exciting to see everyone dressed up with school spirit everyday, it felt normal again. Furthermore, if you didn’t dress up or do anything for spirit week, I hope you get a chance to turn that around throughout this year because looking back on your high school experience, a lot of your fondest memories will be times when the school spirit was high and you were having fun with your classmates.
To the class of 2025: I can’t imagine that starting high school without most of the middle school experience is difficult but you lucked out (middle school sucks). Although you may feel slightly lost in such a big school with so many things going on, consider getting involved if you haven’t already. It’s a great way to make friends and meet people with the same values as you. When I look back on my high school experience I think about dressing up with my friends during spirit week, my time spent in Newspaper and DECA with my friends, most of which I’ve met through those extracurriculars. Think of this year as a fresh start, you’re getting [most] of the traditional high school experience that we all missed out on, don’t take it for granted.
To the class of 2024: I can’t imagine starting sophomore year without the normal freshman experience where you get lost in the school and heckled at the pep rallies, it truly defines the first year of high school. I hope you’ve at least learned to walk on the right side of the hallway by now. With that being said, enjoy your sophomore year, it’s typically the easiest and most relaxing year of high school because in your first year, you’re trying to figure out how to navigate the school and coursework, in junior year, you will stress about the workload and SAT throughout the year. And senior year, you’re figuring out your future. So don’t take advantage of your sophomore year, school might be boring but use your spare time to make memories with your classmates.
To the class of 2023: Congratulations on your powderpuff win (we’ll get you back at powderbuff) and good luck on the start of your junior year, I promise the SAT isn’t a make-or-break for your future like people make it out to seem. Additionally, this year is going to be the most difficult throughout your high school experience but it’s also the most important; stay strong and do your best.
To the class of 2022: Last week was the last homecoming spirit week we’ll ever have at RHS and I hope you made amazing memories that you’ll carry with you beyond high school. Our high school experience hasn’t been traditional or anything similar to what it is supposed to look like but as a class we’ve been able to persevere and make the best out of a bad situation and I’m so proud of that. Our four year sentence is almost over and I’m so excited to see where your future takes you.