Decision Day Q and A

Many seniors at RHS will be taking different paths after high school to prepare for their future including four year universities, community colleges, and other paths.

Ali Norris

Senior Alexis Brand records her decision day video. Brand will be going to the University of Findley.

Francesca Giamalva will be continuing her education at the 4-year university Eastern Michigan University, with the intention of studying Education.
Q: Why did you choose the route after high school that you did?
A: I chose to go to school close to home so that I can commute and save money.
Q: What are the benefits of this route?
A: I am saving lots of money by living at home and commuting to school.
Q: What are the cons of this route?
A:Since I’m commuting, I don’t really get the chance to have the “college experience” like living in dorms. But I’m willing to do that if it means leaving college with less debt.
Q: How will this choice help you with your future in the next 10 years?
A: I plan to major in education so I’m going to the top teaching school in the Midwest. I believe I will get the best education at Eastern.

Sierra Chapa will be attending Henry Ford Community College to study nursing with the intention to transfer to Florida State University after two years.
A: I chose this plan because it was the cheapest way to do what I wanted to do. I wanted to be able to get my degree from a good university without paying all the money of going there for all four years.
Q: What are the benefits of this route?
A: Transferring after two years will save me a lot of money, especially because Florida is out of state tuition.
Q: What are the cons of this route?
A: Moving away from my family will be difficult for me.
A: This path will help me get my degree and hopefully a job in pediatric nursing. I hope to use my degree to one day become a travel nurse.

Damian Mydini will be joining the Coast Guard, during his time he will be learning to become an electrician.
A: I chose to go into the Coast Guard because it sounds like an adventure. Overall, it sounds like a ton of fun and will provide me with tons of new experiences and opportunities.
Q: What are the benefits of this route?
A: While I am in the Coast Guard I will be able to train as an electrician’s mate. I plan on being an electrician so I will get experience while I am there.
Q: What are the cons of this route?
A: This choice takes a lot of commitment and effort. Joining the Coast Guard is a big deal, but I am ready for it.
A: This will give me experience in the job I hope to have in the future. So, once I get out into the real world, I can get a job pretty easily.